This website www.youngdigital.net (the “Site”) is hosted by Mucky Puddle on behalf of a team of researchers (“the Research Team”) from the University of Edinburgh and the University of Glasgow (“the Universities”), with contributions from people who work for other institutions (“the Contributors”).
Use of the Site is governed by these terms and conditions.
By using the Site you indicate that you accept the Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you are not willing to accept these Terms and Conditions you may not use the Site.
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice. From time to time, we may restrict access to the Site.
The Site and its contents are for general information only and are provided “as is”.
The information provided by the Site is intended to help other researchers in their work. It is not intended to provide a set of instructions to be followed rigidly. It is the responsibility of the Site’s users to assess the validity and usefulness of the information provided by the Site in relation to their own work. Users are advised to consider the Site as only one possible source of guidance, and to also consider the ethics, laws, policies and codes of practice that operate in the context and jurisdiction where they work.
Mucky Puddle, the Research Team, the Universities and the Contributors make no warranties, representations or undertakings about:
- any of the content of the Site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through the Site.
We make no guarantees that the Site is free from computer viruses.
Mucky Puddle, the Research Team, the Universities and the Contributors accept no liability for any claims, penalties, loss or expenses arising from: any reliance placed on the content of the Site; the use or inability to use the Site; the downloading of any materials from the Site; or any unauthorised access to or alteration to the Site. This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Mucky Puddle, the Research Team, the Universities or the Contributors.
Links to third party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by Mucky Puddle, the Research Team, the Universities or the Contributors of the materials on such websites.
Copyright and licensing
The content of the Site (including, but not limited to all text, artwork, audio and video media) is protected by copyright. The copyright is owned by the Research Team and the Contributors.
The Site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
This means that you are free to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work – under the following conditions:
- Attribution: you must attribute the work to Young Digital, and where applicable any authors named as producers or creators of specific items of content, in the form “produced by Young Digital, www.youngdigital.net” or “produced by [name of creator] for Young Digital, www.youngdigital.net” You must not attribute the work in any way that suggests that Mucky Puddle, the Research Team, the Universities or the Contributors endorse you or your use of the work.
- Noncommercial: you may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works: you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver: any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain: where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights: in no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
- the author's moral rights;
- rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice: for any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
Uploading material to the Site
Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under Privacy, above, any material you transmit or post to the Site shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We shall have no obligations with respect to such material and we shall have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data)
You may not misuse the Site (including, without limitation, by hacking).
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the provisions set out above or for any other reason whatsoever. In addition, we shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the provisions set out above.
The Research Team reserves the right to amend or replace the Terms and Conditions at any time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the Site.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and any disputes that may arise will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
For all enquiries please contact us.
Thank you for visiting the Site.